Finmatics' REST API allows you to implement custom automations. You can retrieve data at any stage of the processing pipeline and perform manipulations externally. You have full access to OCR and field information. As with a normal user, the actions of an API user are logged in the Finmatics audit trail.
This article describes the relevant API endpoints required to implement custom automation via the REST API. To do this, you need to be familiar with the Finmatics REST API.
You will also need an API user. Contact email@example.com to request an API user.
1. Identify relevant documents
First you need to identify the relevant documents you want to change. You can do this with the GET /documents/ endpoint. You will get a list of document IDs.
Tip: Filter only for documents you want to edit. The following filters may be useful for you:
- Filter by documents that are not exported - Exported.
- Filter by a specific client - Client
- Filter by documents that you have not edited yet
- Use the training__exclude__capture or training__exclude__complete fields, which you can specify after editing
- Filtering by documents based on the stage in the processing pipeline - review level.
- If you only want to process invoices after human review by the shared service center, filter by review level.
2. Retrieving OCR data from an invoice
After getting a list of relevant IDs, you can retrieve the full OCR text that exists in the documents. Use the END point GET /documents/'id'/text/ to retrieve the bounding boxes of words recognized in an invoice.
3. Updating/correcting field information
To correct/update field information, you can use the PUT/PATCH request: PUT/PATCH /documents/-id/.
4. Marking the invoice as manipulated
You can mark the invoice as manipulated using the following endpoints: